Team and Organizational StructureCopyright: © Lars Bücken
The Teacher Training Center of RWTH Aachen University, LBZ for short, is a central scientific institution that does not belong to any specific Faculty. Its members and affiliates make the LBZ a place where their dedication and interest in teacher training at RWTH Aachen University is always apparent. Everyone who is actively engaged in teaching and research in teacher education or who contributes by undertaking specific tasks is a member of the Teacher Training Center.
The coordinated collaboration of all persons involved in teacher training is the central objective of the LBZ, which is structurally closely related to RWTH‘s fundamental training concept for teacher education as a whole. For this reason, the LBZ was also structured to be widely entrenched within the university, which is reflected by the following membership structure.
Members and affiliates of the Teacher Training Center are
- Professors and full-time academic staff of the Pedagogy department
- Professors and full-time academic staff of the Educational Sciences department
- Professors and full-time staff of the subject-specific didactics departments
- Professors with a specific responsibility for teacher training in the specialist sciences
- Teachers on secondment
- Departmental advisors of teacher training subjects
- Full-time employees at the teacher training center
- Teacher training students
- Other RWTH Aachen University members on request
- Members of other institutions on request
Organizational Structure of the LBZ
The basic idea of broad participation of all persons and institutions involved in teacher training is also reflected in the structure of the Teacher Training Center, which ensures that efficient networking and dialogue between all participants is made possible. The LBZ‘s effective functioning is particularly due to the initiatives of its members, the dedication of its full-time staff and the working groups founded to deal with specific questions of teacher training.